Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hope

"Hope is one leg of a three - legged stool, together with faith and charity. These three stabilize our lives regardless of the rough or uneven surfaces we might encounter at the time." ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf~

The word "hope" has been on my mind lately. Through the ups and downs of the foster - adopt process I am constantly told "now don't get your hopes up". We have recently been told that our home study will be reviewed in the Best of Interest Staffing (Adoption process) for two girls we did respite for (Alexis & Lamya), it is hard not to get my hopes up, as we have prayed for these girls, I have prayed that if we can not have them in our family that another family would love them and care for them in the ways they need. Ray also tells me "now don't go and get your hopes up", I know deep down he knows it is impossible for both he and I not to get our hopes up when we care and love them so much. I know everyone is trying to shield me from my heart being broken again and that is hard for me to even think about, but I just have to have hope, faith and I don't want to look back and have regrets. I found the following quote online that sums up how my heart feels;
"If it were not for hopes, the heart would break." ~Thomas Fuller
Here is another quote by Dieter F. Uchtdorf again, and he mentions patient perseverance and that is what I need to have through this journey of "rough uneven surfaces".
"Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us. - It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance."
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf ~
I just want you all to know how appreciative I am of all of your support.
Love to all,
Tam

3 comments:

Dianna said...

This is SUCH a sweet post! We've learned a lot about faith and hope in the past year especially. I know things will work out how they are supposed to for your family. The children that are supposed to be yours will come...maybe just not as soon as you want them to! Love you!

Dana Butler said...

Tam, I agree... I try not to get my hopes up.... but they're WAY up. With Tali and with this other situation. And really, I don't know any other way to be. My heart wouldn't be alive fully if my hopes weren't up. I have to trust God to catch them if they come crashing down and to put the pieces back together....and He will.... He always does.

THE TAYLORS said...

I didn't know you guys were trying to adopt... that's exciting but sorry it's been such a rough road. If only the adoption peeps could really get a glimpse at what your home is like then they would give you many children in a heart beat!!

ps. Keira is partially named after Ray, and I agree, Ryan spelt it wrong. I wanted her middle name to be Ray... he went with Rae.