Friday, May 8, 2009

Best Friends...hanging out

Today I was able to go on my first field trip with Kyler. We were both very excited, as Kyler has been asking for this since he took his first field trip a couple years ago. I requested the day off over a month ago. And, although we were in tornado warnings last night, and had lots of rain this morning, all the weather moved out in time to save the field trip. We ended up with a bright sun shiny day!


So, let's share our day with you...
The beginning...in front of The Deanna Rose Farmstead.












This is Ky claiming he wanted his picture taken with the Bison. (I got the distinct impression, he was thinking about something else.)
This is Kyler taking a picture of me with a steer.

(I still think he was pre-occupied)











On the nature trail.





Then, we went fishing...





...and Kyler caught his FIRST fish!!!!
WOOOO HOOOO!!!
(He immediately handed me the pole, and took the camera out for this picture.)
ps - Grandpa - Expect a call tomorrow to tell you of this important achievement.















We fed some baby goats...






Kyler rode a pony,






and got a new job as a farmer...




I realized we hadn't really been being ourselves all day, so we let loose for a moment!!







...and rounded out the day with a relaxing hay ride together.




Before we left, we took a quick picture with Frank and Rowdy.
(Thanks for a fun ride boys!)

We had a great time together today, and really enjoyed the Farmstead together. Two best friends just hanging out all day, having a good time.

And, for those who are wondering....Yes, I put the Blackberry away, and left the phone alone too. We really did just shut off the noise, and enjoy the day! I highly recommend it.
Thanks for inviting me Kyler!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a cute kid! Kyler needs to teach Blake a thing or two about actually catching fish ;)

Dana Butler said...

This is awesome. Yay for turning off cell phones! :)