Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wow...it's been 3 months!!

Well, there is absolutely no way I can begin to cover everything that has occurred in these last 3 months, but a bullet list might just help...
  • Ray continued to travel
  • Tamra suddenly had 5 kids
  • Tamra has to get 5 kids up everyday, and get some of them to school on time
  • Tamra picks up/drives a friends daughter to school 80% of the time
  • Ray Traveled
  • Ray continued to have early meeting on Sundays
  • Tamra has to get all 5 kids ready for church each week... by herself (Supermom nominations have been submitted)
  • We sign documents for Alexis and Lamaya
  • Paperwork comes back faster than ever before
  • We get excited, but once again, the agency delays
  • Antwan has court date, and PRT occurs
  • October comes and Ray continues to travel
  • Tamra's parents come for a visit at the end of a whirlwind tour of the US visiting each of their kids.
  • We celebrate Ron's birthday
  • Trunk or Treat and the Ward Party
  • We take Ron and Lynette to the airport
  • We celebrate Lamaya's birthday (4)
  • Ray's travel slows down
  • We start to get ready for Thanksgiving
  • Ray adds circuit to electrical panel and wires new outlets for computer to be moved
  • Ray gets the Christmas lights on the roof before it freezes
  • We fly the team to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with the McDee clan!
  • We spend 8 days in Eric's home, with 35 others!!! (most of them under the age of 10)
  • Visit Temple Square lights
  • Hook up with the Lucky Clan for a few. (Too short, but worth it)
  • Thanksgiving comes and goes with lots of Mexican Train, and eating, and playing games.
  • Ron and Lynette head to the MTC to prepare for their mission
  • We head home to KS
  • Embarq comes out to relocate DSL line
  • We start to unpack Christmas
  • Get back into school and work for a few - no travel :)
  • We head to an adoption conference that goes terribly wrong...so we leave
  • Take the day off to see a movie and hang with the kids
  • Second week home brings more fun and we dig out more Christmas
  • Ray takes down Ethan's beds, and moves them into his room w/Kyler (girls were borrwing them for a little while)
  • Ray puts together the girls' new beds and rearranges the furniture
  • Kyler has first B-Ball practice
  • Misses first game due to stomach flu
  • We celebrate Alexis' birthday (3)
  • Tamra gets stomach flu
  • Ray travels...j/k I took off to care for her and the team
  • Ray is now feeling sick
  • Have home inspection for renewal tomorrow, since we couldn't finalize before end of 2009

Notice I haven't mentioned Christmas shopping. That is not in error. We have completed exactly ZERO shopping this year. We are normally 80% done by Aug., and all done by Oct. This is becoming a stressor.

So, we have pics of the journey of the last 3 months, and we might actually post them someday :) Keep the pressure on us. We have been very busy with our full house, so the blog keeps getting overlooked.

(Since this is a public place, I'll post the pics of the girls and Antwan to FB. I have listed most of you as able to see them there, so if you're not listed, let me know.)

Love ya'll

7 comments:

Gleason Family said...

Can you add me as a friend on FB? I don't really "do facebook", but would love to see pictures of the rest of your "team". :) Love being able to stay updated! And we miss your parents in the ward already. :) Love ya guys!

L McD said...

I miss all of you. I hope you are all well now. Love you. MOM

OramHouse said...

I wouldn't be able to remember those three months to document them so that's impressive. Hence the reason I blog so often. I make it count as journaling:) As a mom with five kids getting them ready all week and alone on Sundays, I salute you as well. We need a special spot to sit in Sacrament mtg. (one where we can go undetected when the children erupt!) --Kaci

Meredith said...

Great recap! It was SOOOOOOOOOO good to see you Tamra and most of the team in October!!!! You amaze me!!!!!! If you are cool with it, I would love to be your facebook friend. :)

Dana Butler said...

Hey! I cannot for the LIFE of me find you guys on fb!! Hook me up! Friend me! "Dana Kiser Butler"

THE TAYLORS said...

wow, you guys are awesome!

THE TAYLORS said...

this is Meredith, not Ryan :)