I decided I am going to sit down and finally write my own post. Finding time lately has been hard. I have had people ask why Ray and I are adopting through the Foster Care program... so I think I should just answer that here. Ray and I looked into private adoption and international adoption. With private adoption the cost range is 20K - 35K unless we go through or church adoption services and they cap off at 10K however with our church adoption it is usually young birth mothers and they get to pick the family. The service worker and I had a nice conversation about it, due to having two children already we are not strong candidates. For some reason the young birth mothers tend to want their child to be the only child or one of two children so therefore our chances are not very high. As for International adoption the cost is aprox. 40K or more. Ray and I decided that there has to be children here in the US that are in need of a loving family/ safe home, we also had decided that we didn't really care if we had a infant we actually thought toddler age would be nice so the gap between Ethan and the child would not be so great. We then decided that we would be open to sibling groups as they are harder to place in families. So with all that said and many phone calls trying to figure out our best options we were constantly directed to KVC Behavior Health / Foster & Adoption. Through the 10 weeks of MAPP training, fasting, praying, and speaking to our Bishop we decided that we would go through the Foster to Adopt route, not adoption though foster care. We learned that we could be waiting for years with that route as well. So Foster to Adopt is what we are doing it has been a huge leap of faith. We have seen Heavenly Fathers hand in everything lately. Right now we are experiencing almost the impossible, sometimes this all seems to good to be true but we are just praying constantly and everyone in our family has such peace. I want you all to know how much we appreciate all of your support and love, we really feel it:)
Love to all,
T
Our Night at the Garda Station 23 April 2010
10 years ago



1 comment:
It's just so awesome that you are willing to do so much to get these children. They are going to be very blessed getting your family.
Post a Comment